Shilin Night Market -士林夜市

I can scarcely believe that I waited this long to visit Shilin Night Market :P. It is one of the oldest night markets in Taipei. I've visited a lot of another night markets, but somehow, most locals aren't keen on Shilin, so I've never dropped by. I decided that after being in Taipei for such a long period of time (at least from the perspective of a tourist) that it was time to drag my other foreign friends and see how bad or good the food was...

First stop was for black pepper sausage. 
It was HEAPS nice. Very tasty and peppery



Bun with ice-cream. Average. 
The ice-cream was the low-grade, cheapo type.



煎包/Fried dumpling
 I've had much better in other night markets. 
This batch wasn't hot enough, and it was kinda soggy



Poser
Nonono, it's for the sake of taking the night-scene



Indian rolls - in progress


Alibaba roty, so it's called....



Whee, the guy tosses it up



I had the garlic chicken roll.
 Should have gone for the curry. This was average as well



Spring onion/leeks wrapped with BBQ-ed meat



It was a long wait for those rolls



Verdict: Average. 
Had much better in Hualien night market


Chua Ping [Shaved ice], and Touhua [beancurd]
This was pretty good. 

I didn't try the oyster omelette, the oyster noodles, or the Taiwanese steak. I'm not fond of these types of food unless they are very fresh and well-cooked [like in Hualien], so going by what I had tried above, I decided to stop tasting more average-tasting things. 

Now I agree with the locals. I think I'd rather visit Rao-He, Shi-Da, or night markets in other states than Shilin. The food is basically average. 

Enjoy the pics though :)

Comments

Popular Posts