Hog's Breath? Nahhh.....Try something else.

Peggy, Sophia, Dan and I went to Hog's Breath tonight because Peggy found 2 for 1 vouchers in the asian newspapers.
I've been to 3 different HB outlets throughout Brisbane. I've tried their steaks 4 times, so I think I'm qualified to judge on the quality of their steaks.

Verdict:Average. Disappointing. And EXPENSIVE.

For the $33.95 [normal price for steak and 3 prawns], I can be enjoying some really nice main in a far classier restaurant with better presentation and tastier ingredients.

Good points:
The steaks we had were good-sized. THIS TIME, they were done medium-rare like we ordered them[hasn't always been the case]. The curly chips were good.

Bad points:
The steaks lack internal flavour and they stinge on sauce. If your steaks are flavourless, then they should at least provide good sauce.

The price is ridiculous for a simple, unelaborate meal.

After tasting many different steaks across the town, I rate Hog's Breath steaks as very very average. There are many other places with better value for money.:).

For good steak places, try
  • Normanby Hotel
  • Central in surfers paradise
  • French restaurant at the Emporium in the valley
  • Coffee Club at Brunswick

Comments

MK said…
OMG... I didn't know you kept a FOOD blog!!
Talk about coincidence, I blogged about baking! haha!!

Not quite a fan of western food. I can't really tell btwn a good and bad steak. Time to be a little more adventurous and discover what's really out there besides char koay teow and curry mee... *LoL*
Maybe this blog may help abit..;)
Unknown said…
If I had the money, I'd buy hog's breath, then close it down.

Then do a whole re-brand.

Coffee sq is better than their steaks...eekkk
Charismatic said…
I only got to know after about a year of eating different steaks. hehe.
Liz said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said…
Oh..what's the name of the place u brought me for my birthday again?
Ah,Central..such a nice place to go to..especially on Tuesdays..Haha..
Charismatic said…
Liz. the place for your birthday is Normanby Hotel...
I didin't know you read my blog.

Popular Posts