Hanabi Fusion round 2

:) It was a random meet up. I was desperate for a dinner partner and called Jos...who conveniently was able to have dinner and catch up. Yay.

Don said he heard of the blog and easily persuaded Jos and I to try his new crumbed crab balls. They were delicious. The ball was not full of batter like normal crumbed food, but it was packed with strings of sweet crab flesh...nice...



Jos was craving for chicken karaage. It came out very beautifully presented. The only thing lacking was a bit more salad [that's the problem with japanese food in general. Not enough vegies with the meat, fish and carbs]. I also would have preferred the batter to be slightly more flavoursome.

My own miso butter marinated chicken with vegies was very unique. I rejoiced because of the vegies. And I really liked the miso and butter marinate. A very special, tangy chicken stir-fry was the result. The portions were generous.

As for dessert, Jos opted for her ice-cream 'naked' a.k.a. with nothing added. I opted for mine 'half - naked'. I asked for a little lychee jelly.

Still haven't tried the soft shell crab....that's for next time.

Comments

Popular Posts