Oyama at the Valley

The Valley has a good array of restaurants that are diverse and serve pretty good food. Oyama is a Japanese restaurant that I was exposed to in 2004, and I fell head over heels in love with much of the food there. Warning: It's ridiculously expensive. I only went back in 2009 with my colleagues for a splurge, as they are fond of the restaurant too.



Some bits of a very nice California roll. Love it, Love it, Love it.


Oyama hand rolls are to DIEEEE for.
Some of my favourites: The Oyama hand roll [tempura prawn], the ebi handroll [boiled prawn],
the fresh scallop hand roll, the tempura scallop hand roll, the unagi [eel] roll.

What makes them so special is...well...everything: Fresh, expensive seaweed [crisp and delicious], a generous 3 scallops [or a fat tempura prawn freshly fried] in one roll [making even the last bite lovely], rice from a special recipe that the chef boasts he spent $5000 to obtain,a long slice of avocado, a generous spoonful of salmon roe on top of a lovely dollop of mayonnaise. AHHHH. GREAT STUFF.


My male friends like the sweet and sour crispy beef. It's unique. But it's not my favourite.


I miss fresh sashimi. This was a great experience!!! Savouring every delicious bite.

Other delectables included refreshingly iced plum wine and fried rice with pork belly.

Go for the sushi and sashimi. They are worth the very occasional splurge. Be prepared for very empty pockets after a big meal though.

Comments

Popular Posts