Coz I'm 23 and someone else is 23

Birthday meals galore this week!

Freestyle Tout.
Verdict?A little above average. The deserts are highly priced, $14.90. But they are extremely filling. The mains are a little small and also expensive. The taste was ok.

The winner of the night was the special Rainbow Trout stuffed with sultanas, cheese, spices etc. It was VERY VERY good. I kept asking Alvin and Ming for extra tastes of it. The flesh of the fish was rich and tasty, flavoured very well with all the stuffings and grilled. Excellente!

The bittersweet choc tart with choc mousse and ice-cream I had was quite good. However, I don't have a sweet tooth. Too much desert can make one feel abit too full.
Recommended if you have a sweet tooth.


Toscani's
Jos and Mei took me to have breakfast on saturday.

Jos had this Mediteranean breakfast that was really nice.
Paoched eggs on bruschetta, with sundried tomato sauce, pesto and haloumi cheese. It was VERY nice and rich. Haloumi cheese is one of the best tasting cheeses in the world. The poached egss were beautifully done. Put it all together with the drizzled sauces in one satisfying bite!

I had pesto chicken pasta. The dish had fresh mushrooms, sun-dried tomatos, generous diced chicken, delicious pesto sauce. I really liked it.
The only down sides were:They could have added pine-nuts [they go so well together->persto and pine-nuts] and the fettucine was a little overdone.

Mei had BLT which wa quite standard.

The coffee had the thickest froth that withstood the dropping of my sugar packet on it[it did not sink!].
Overall, a good experience!


KOREAN BBQ
Peggy had her celebration at the Korean BBQ in Pinelands plaza.
I never ate so much Kimchi in my life!

Obviously, the grilled chicken, pork and the beef slices were very good.
Highlights were the spicy tofu soup with an egg in it. It was rich, slightly spicy, and very good with the rice, and the steak they gave you as part of the meat dish.

The sides were interesting. The mashed potato had too much sugar in it. The Kimchi was good. The seaweed was good. The pickled onions I didn't touch. Hehe.


Cream Puffs
Papa beard cream puffs are the best!I introduced them to Baba as part of our brisbane 'tour'.
Vanilla is still my favourite though the choc fondants and the green tea puff is also very good.
Peggy likes the raspberry fillling.

Comments

Popular Posts